Friday, January 10, 2014

Who Am I?

Verse of the day:
Then they grilled him: "Confess. Why this disaster? What is your work? Where do you come from? What country? What family?" Jonah 1:8

Who are you? I am an aspiring author, and I come from Adelaide, Australia. I am the oldest of 3 children.

I once heard this: there are ten unchangeable things that make a person unique:


  1. The way God made us
  2. Our parents
  3. Our brothers and sisters
  4. Our nationality
  5. Our mental capacity
  6. Our time in history
  7. Our gender
  8. Our birth order and placement in our family
  9. The fact that we grow older as the years pass, and 
  10. The fact that life is a race against time and the best way to use that time is to serve God and others
(Thank you to the Duggars for that bit of wisdom).

While I don't agree with all ten things (the last two are universal, they don't make us unique), I believe the other eight are carefully planned by God and that he has given us these things that make us unique for a reason.

Okay, I'm hoping I make sense. For example, I was born to in Australia to an Australian family for a specific reason. I was given the parents and the siblings God had planned for me.

I often say or think I wish I lived 100 years ago. While that would be great, I have congenital heart disease, and I know for a fact that if I had been born 100 years ago I wouldn't have survived very long after birth. God doesn't make mistakes.

So don't wish away things that you can't change, because you'll miss the plan God has in the circumstances you are in.

What way can you see God's plan in your circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment