Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hope

Verse of the day:
The mere sound of his name will signal hope, even among far-off unbelievers. Matthew 12:21

When you hear the name of God - whichever name it is (God, Jesus, Lord, Christ etc) - how do you feel? Hopeful? Joyful? Something else?

I was listening to a podcast today, which had a man talking about being saved. Being saved is all well and good, but he was telling a story about a man and a woman who got married. The woman said to the man "I love you, you've done so much for me, but take me home to my parents."

She refused to live with her spouse. This preacher was saying that this is what it is like when we get saved and then refuse to change our ways - it's like being married and refusing to live with them.

I know, sometimes, when you give your heart to God, you don't 'feel' anything. But emotions aren't everything. I have been a christian long enough to know if I don't feel like reading my bible, I should still do it because then I grow closer to God, and THEN I 'feel' like it. The more in love with God you are, the closer you are to him, the more you feel.

So, again, I ask - how do you feel when you hear the name of God? Nothing? Or something?

I'm praying for you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment