Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Four Ways To Becoming Wise

Verse of the day:
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

As I said in my last post, I want to be wise. I want to be a wise old woman one day.

But it's not just me, we should want to be, and try to be wise.

There are four ways which help me to be wise:

1. Pray for wisdom. God promises to give us wisdom if we ask (James 1:5).

2. Read the bible. You can't be wise if you don't know what the bible says about a subject.

3. Read books by christian authors. Christian fiction is good; christian non-fiction is better. Some of my favorite non-fiction authors are Candace Cameron, Lysa Terkuerst, Courtney Joseph, Robin Jones Gunn, Elizabeth George and Shannon Kubiak Primicerio.

4. Listen to the opinions of the people you respect. So much of my knowledge has come from things people whom I trust say to me. Also, for me, this has also come from watching media, like movies, the news, reading magazines etc, although I would be cautious about this. But, for example, I watch lots of TV and movies (which I really shouldn't do so much), and through all of the watching, I have grown wise enough to realise I don't want a boyfriend. I just want Mr Right. I want the first guy I date to be the man I marry. A lot of people date just to have fun, but I don't see the point. I've never been in a relationship, but I don't want one unless it's the right one.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I'm praying for wisdom for all of my readers today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment