Friday, December 6, 2013

Storing Up Treasures

Verse of the day:
All summer it stores up food; at harvest it stockpiles provisions. Proverbs 6:9

Today my grandmother died. And although she had been sick and it had kind of been expected, her health had been better the last couple of weeks. But I am grateful she just died without any pain or suffering - she was there one minute and gone the next.

Although it's a good idea to put some things aside for a rainy day (especially money), you shouldn't put aside too much. We should not store up possessions and money here on earth. We should store up our treasures in heaven, because that's what will last forever.

I am more aware than ever of this today, because (like anyone else who has died), my grandma left a lot of stuff. I don't see the point in having too much stuff just to leave it here for your family to deal with when you die.

I'm praying for you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment