Thursday, December 5, 2013

Your Desires

Verse of the day:
Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

I'm so happy!! This opportunity I got a couple days ago - I've decided I'm going to say yes to it. It was a big decision, and I prayed constantly, but I knew it was a clincher when I stumbled on the above verse, as well as this quote:

Love God, and do what you like. - St Augustine

I know I've always wanted to do this. I know God has put this dream inside me for a reason. And his timing is perfect. I've also felt God's pressing to look for an opportunity like this recently, like he was telling me that now's the right time. And if it's not what God wants, he will find a way to stop it from happening or steer me in a different direction.

But God wants us to be happy. But if we are truly delighting in the Lord, our hearts will be tuned to him so much that our desires will be his desires. So he is happy for you to do what you want - because he wants that too.

Are you happy? If not, what can you do to be happy with your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment