Saturday, December 7, 2013

When Life Changes In A Second

Verse of the day:
It's true that no one knows what's going to happen, and when. Who's around to tell us? Ecclesiastes 8:7

Life is different today.

For the first time in my life, I know how it feels to have someone close to you die - and the way you miss them the next day, and the day after that, and so on and so forth.

Yesterday I blogged about how my Grandma had died last night, and she's the first person who has died that I have been close to. I know I've had the blessing of being sheltered in that respect.

So today is the first day of our lives without her.

Which brings me to my point. You can try and live your life how you want, and ask God for direction or to tell you what he wants you to do, but life will always have what I like to call the 'random factor.'

Things that you can't change because no one except God knows they will happen until they do, and they change your whole life in a moment. And when they do, there's nothing we can do except try to deal with whatever it is.

I've only had this a couple of times by the 'random factor.' True, my life has changed in different moments a few times in the last 18 months (this is actually the second time my life has changed in a week), but it's always because God had made something clear to me that changed my life, like me moving interstate or overseas.


What are some moments like these in your lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment