Friday, November 29, 2013

Getting Back To Basics

Verse of the day:
Remember, O Lord, against the Edomites the day of Jerusalem, how they said, "Lay it bare, lay it bare, down to it's foundations!" Psalm 137:7

Today I'm going to talk about getting back to basics.

Lately, I feel like life has just gotten so complicated. So this Christmas, I'm going to cut down to the basics and slow it down, and try to only fit a few important things in my life. Family, friends, God, blogging, and my novel. The important stuff.

I know you guys may not think that my novel is a 'basic,' but I want to work on it. And being unemployed, I should really be working towards something that can make me money. And I'm cutting down my expenses too.

I've come up wit a rule for myself that will hopefully get me working on my novel more and spending less. I spend WAY more money than I should, and it doesn't help that I get a pension, so my rule is this:

I am going to pay myself a certain amount of money for every hour I work on my novel (like an hourly rate), and I will keep a running total of how much it is, and subtract what I spend. If I really really want something that I can't afford, I have to do the required number of hours on my novel before I buy it.

What are your basics?

No comments:

Post a Comment