Monday, November 18, 2013

Baptism

Verse of the day:
Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh, called "the uncircumcision" by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands. Ephesians 2:11

Why this verse may seem gross (which is what I thought when I first read it), as well as confusing, it has an important meaning.

I was reminded of my baptism by this verse. Although I'm still fuzzy on exactly what it means, but it's about becoming "one with the flesh" with Christ.

This usually happens during Baptism, when we are secured into God's family. I grew up in the Lutheran church, and we usually baptise babies soon after they are born. But I understand that not everyone believes this - in fact, I'm not sure I believe in infant baptism myself. I don't see the point - children could just get baptised when they have their own faith, not just their parents'.

I also don't see God refusing to allow a baby to get into heaven if they die just because they haven't been baptised. If you haven't been baptised, and began a relationship with God today but died tomorrow without being baptised, you would still go to heaven, because it's your heart that counts.

On the other hand, becoming "one with the flesh" with God is good; it means we have entered into a covenant with God - much like marriage.

Anyways, enough theology for today. I hope you have an awesome day! I'm praying for you!!

Feel free to comment or email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment