Thursday, November 28, 2013

How did you get to where you are?

Verse of the day:
You can be sure that using people or religion or things just for what you can get out of them - the usual variations on idolatry - will get you nowhere and certainly nowhere near the kingdom of God, the kingdom of God. Ephesians 5:5

I know it's only Thanksgiving, so it's a little early for a Christmas post, but we don't do Thanksgiving here in Australia, so here goes.

A lot of people these days (actually, this has probably always happened), only get to where they are in their career, or anywhere else in their life, by using people. They only use them to advance them to where they want to go, or to get what they want. They want something so bad that they don't care who they step on to get it.

People also do this without realizing. I know I've stepped on people's toes and used them to get what I want without knowing it.

But this Christmas, why don't we all make a conscious effort to NOT step on anyones toes to get what we want? Or better yet, why don't we forgo what we want and help others instead? Help your friends, your family, help a friend, or help someone who is underprivileged or needy.

And be thankful for what we've already got. I'm thankful for my friends and family, and the fact that I am alive and healthy. And I'm also thankful for you guys - my readers!

Happy thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment