Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Would You Rather

Verse of the day:
A stone is heavy, and sand is weighty, but a fool's provocation is heavier than both. Proverbs 27:3

 Have you ever done manual labor? Or lifted something so heavy it was almost impossible for you to life?

I have. I'm not a good example, because with a heart condition, I can barely lift anything heavy, but I know what it's like to hold a baby or a toddler so long you feel like your arms are going to fall off.

Yes, some things are heavy. Yes, you can barely lift them. But what's worse is any emotional burden.

The bible verse for today talks about if someone is provoking you, or testing your anger, but I'm going to open it up to any emotional burden.

I know I'd rather hold a baby till my arms drop off than have the emotional burden of worrying about a friend, or grieving the loss of someone, or even being frustrated because someone is provoking me. Give me physical pain over emotional pain any day.

So be sensitive about any emotional pain others around you might be feeling, and show compassion.

How can I pray for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment