Saturday, November 30, 2013

Unworthy

Verse of the day:
"I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants." Luke 15:19

If any of you read the bible (or were taught bible stories as a child), this verse would be familiar to you as it is one of the verses in the Prodigal Son story.

For those of those who haven't, or don't, this is the lowdown: A wealthy farmer had two sons. One of them was a good son, and the other, as soon as he was old enough, he took his inheritance and left home to go 'find himself.' After a while, he had blown his inheritance and he found himself homeless, eating less than the pigs did at home. He decided to go home and when he got there he said to his father "I'm sorry, I have sinned against you and against God. I don't deserve to be your son any longer, so treat me like your servants."

He felt unworthy. But his Father threw a huge party because he was back. The older son was jealous, because he had been good all along and hadn't got anything, while the unworthy son got a huge party. The father told him, "Everything I have is yours, and you are aways with me. But it is fitting to throw a party, because my son is lost and now he is found!!"

I have felt like the second son many times. I have felt my parents' disappointment over something - even very minor things - time and time again and felt unworthy.

I have also done things that are wrong and felt guilty in front of my heavenly father, and felt unworthy to be his daughter.

But we must remember that God loves us, and every time we repent, he throws a party in heaven because we have been found!!

I'm praying for you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment