Sunday, November 10, 2013

Welcome!!

Welcome to my new blog!!! I'm not sure entirely what it's going to be focused on yet, but we'll see. One day hopefully this'll be an authors blog - I'm currently working on my first novel.

Anyway, I wanted to start off with something God has shown me recently. I've debated putting this up, but I feel God's been pushing me to share this story, no matter how small or insignificant it is.

Last weekend, I went to Sydney for the weekend to visit my "other" family - the family I was an Au Pair for for 7 months late last year and earlier this year. It was great - because I currently don't have a job, I've been bumming round the house weeks - and I had the best time. That was, until Sunday.

Let me just clarify that although I may be a drinker, I am not an out-of-control drinker. I drink a few - probably a few more than I should (and that goes back to the way I was raised) - but I have always been able to handle my alcohol.

On Sunday, my host mum had friends and family round to her place for a BBQ. It was great that I could catch up with everyone and I was having fun. I had less drinks than I have had before over MANY hours (12.30pm - 7pm) but somehow I ended up passing out and hitting my head. I can remember getting up from the floor and the HUGE pool of blood (I've always been a good bleeder) and the next thing I know I was in an ambulance going to hospital. Now, the hospital was uneventful. No stitches, nothing unusual, and even the doctor commented I hadn't had more than what is recommended - 1 drink every hour (although I know I was drunk).

I have asked since and apparently during the time I don't remember, I only had 1 tequila shot. No more wine, which was what I was drinking. What was huge to me was the huh? factor. I have no idea what happened.

After a few days thought, I summed up that God must not want me to drink - at all. And even if he's still okay with me drinking, I am declaring that I am never going to have alcohol again. I know it'll be harder to say no to any second drink after "just one" glass than it will be to say no to the first drink offered to me at any time.

I also feel that God has provided me with this experience for a purpose. I hope to be a social worker one day and will have to deal with alcoholics - I now know a little of what they must feel. I feel more empathetic towards people with alcoholism now.

Thanks for reading/listening guys!!! Also, if anyone has suggestions/requests for the blog, let me know!!

Verse of the day:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment