Sunday, November 17, 2013

These Are The Days Of Our Lives

Verse of the day:
If we are thrown into the furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from her Majesty's hand. Daniel 3:17

God has saved me in every way a person can be saved. Physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally (is that all??).

But today I'm going to talk about God saving me physically, which he has done many times.

6 days after I was born, I turned blue and it was discovered I had a heart condition, which is WAY to complicated to explain. I was airlifted to a different state so I could have my first open heart surgery. Since then, I have many, many surgeries and I was the first Australian to survive one particular surgery (don;t ask me which one, I was too young to remember). In fact, I have only had 2 surgeries that I can remember  - when I was 10 and when I was 21.

Plus I have almost been skittled on the road - twice. It's not because I'm careless, both times were the driver's fault.

The first time, I was 15 and crossing a busy intersection at the lights - across the road from the Adelaide Children's Hospital, no less - and I started to cross when the light turned green. I was a quarter of the way in (which wasn't much - only a step or two off the sidewalk) when I suddenly stepped back, almost as if I was pushed back. Not a moment too soon, because suddenly a car zoomed around the corner in the exact position I would have been at that moment if I hadn't stepped back. I knew at that moment that God had pushed me back to save me from the car.

The other time was a couple of years ago. I was standing on one of the town squares, ready to cross the road - a small road, but cars can come from many directions. I clearly remember doing a 180, which is a more careful look for any incoming cars than I usually do, and there were NO cars in sight. I started to cross, and I got halfway across when suddenly I had to run across the rest of the way because a car came out of nowhere and was zooming towards me, obviously speeding. If the driver had just been going 5km slower, I wouldn't have had to run across.

So praise the Lord! I'm still here, and I'm still (relatively) healthy. God still has a purpose for me. And I'm grateful for each and every day he gives me. I think it also makes me more joyful and appreciative, knowing that I'm getting more days than I could have.

I'm still praying for each and every one of you.

Feel free to comment or email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment